Evaluation - Is Your Idea Viable?
These resources were compiled to help entrepreneurs investigate if there is a viable market for their potential small business's product of service.
Find a small business mentor or coach
There are many mentoring, consulting and coaching resources available to Central Ohio's start up and small business community. Click here to view links to these resources.
Sizing up the competition & industry
Not sure how to start researching an industry or competition? In addition to reviewing the information below, consult with CentralOhioEntrepreneurs'org's business librarian.
- Identifying your prospective industry's North American Industry Classification (NAICS) and the older version Standard Industry Classification Codes will help target your industry research efforts.
- Access the Association Unlimited database to find an industry association representing your prospective industry. Industry associations can provide a wealth of industry information & networking opportunities
- Access the Business & Company Resource Center to review industry/market reports or a competitor's company report.
- Search CML's local, regional and national newspaper & magazine databases for current coverage of competitors, industry trends and/or executive information.
- Search CML's ReferenceUSA to identify companies operating in the target industry.
|CML Library Card required to access resource.|
|$||Information/services provided are at cost|
|Resource targets a special population (i.e.: woman, minority and/or veteran) of small business owners|